TFA Troubleshooting FAQ
Which authenticator app are you talking about?
- The Google Authenticator app, which is available through the:
- - iOS App Store https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-authenticator/id388497605?mt=8
- - Google Play Store https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1066447?hl=en
I’m having trouble downloading the app.
- Here are some troubleshooting guides that may resolve the issue:
I can’t scan the registration QR code.
- If you can’t scan the code, you can always use Manual Entry to register seen here:
- - On the Google Authenticator app, tap Manual Entry
- - Enter the email address of your Google Account (Or you can type 'Runner' in to the email field to identify this key)
- - Enter the secret key shown on your computer into the box next to Key
- - Tap Done
I keep getting the “Invalid Authenticator Token” flag.
- A few things could have happened if this flag pops up:
- Incorrect token input
- Double-check that the 6-digit token you’ve entered matches the one displayed on your Google Authenticator app
- Token timed out
- - Because tokens refresh regularly, your token may have expired and been replaced with a new token. You’ll know for sure because the clock icon on your phone will let you know how much time is left before the token expires and a new one is generated.
- - The latest token on your app will be the one Runner accepts.
- Google Authenticator App desynced
- In some cases, your Google Authenticator app may not be synced. To ensure you have the correct time:
- - Go to the main menu on the Google Authenticator app
- - Tap More Settings
- - Tap Time correction for codes
- - Tap Sync now
- On the next screen, the app will confirm that the time has been synced, and you should now be able to use your verification codes to sign in. The sync will only affect the internal time of your Google Authenticator app, and will not change your device’s Date & Time settings.
Do I have to scan this QR code every time?
- No - the QR code is only for registration purposes. Once you’ve set up your account with the initial QR code, you’ll be able to log in with your username, password, and the 6-digit token is displayed on your app at the time of login.
I’ve already registered. Why do I see another QR code?
- In order to complete the verification process, you must verify the token associated with your account upon scanning the QR code. If this process was left incomplete at any step prior, the account has not been verified and you will have to repeat the process.
What if I still have a question?
- We’re happy to help! Feel free to contact Runner’s support team at: email@example.com or +1 (310) 244-2636.